Friday, November 2, 2012

Day 2: Thankful for a healthy child!

Kensley gives me fits in the morning. Like, every single morning. I'm not a morning person either, so I know where she gets it from, but still. So this morning, she's throwing one of fits and she gets in trouble. She is boo hoo crying as we are leaving and I get down in the floor and just hug her. I tell her I'm sorry for getting upset with her and I love her. When we get to school she clings to me, not wanting me to leave her. After about 10 minutes of that, the teacher finally comes to my rescue, so I'm not too late for work. As I walk down the hall way, the tears start to roll. I cried all the way to work because I was impatient with her and had a very "unglued" moment.

As I rode to work, Brad Paisley's song came on, " One of those lives" if you haven't heard it, it's a good one. It's about how an average guy complains about his day when there are people out there fighting for their lives. Oh, how true this is. Some people have to spend there days in children's hospital, while I get to enjoy my days at home with my healthy little girl. Life is too short to take one second for granted. Be thankful for the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment