Thursday, March 21, 2013

Parenthood and Dating

I came across this article, and it's a topic that always comes up with single parents. 
So, I thought I'd voice my opinion. As if you care ;)

So, after dealing with a few baby mama's and being one cray cray one myself, I use to always say that I wouldn't date anyone with kids again. Pretty selfish, considering I have one little princess of my own. I may be cutting my nose off despite my face, in this blog post, but it's how I feel. (Big Cheese Emoji Inserted Here)

My kid is my whole world. You don't have to be around me very long to know this. She will always come first in my life. There have been many many times especially since she is getting older that I have had to miss out on something I wanted to do because she had a dance, or play, or whatever else going on. I won't miss out on anything she does, mainly because I'm the only parent she has and my parents aren't really here to fill in if I were to miss anything like my grandparents were. I don't want to miss anything in her life. I want her to always remember me being at every event in her life. There are so many children that don't have that, and it really breaks my heart to even think about it. With all that being said, I often feel like I don't have enough time for a dating life. I will start dating someone and they will want to go out of town for a weekend or something and I won't do it. I have huge separation anxiety, I guess. Anyway, guys that don't have kids don't really understand that whole, "responsibility" thing. They can go and do whatever they please at the drop of a hat. I on the other hand have to make sure there's not anything going on with dance or church or school, who will pick her up or keep her, etc. and  more times than not doesn't work out. I had a very brief friendship with a guy and every time I couldn't see him 27 days in a row, he'd throw a fit. Okay, in all honesty I rarely ever saw him two days in a row, but I have a kid. So that's pretty much impossible unless said beau is going to be around the princess, and that ain't happening unless I'm head over heels for someone. Sorry not sorry. So now that I've come to the conclusion guys without kids have no clue what it's like, it's time to address the guys that do. Most men, guys, boys, whatever you wanna call them don't have the parenting skills women have. Period. Sorry dads. A very, very, very, very few do. Being a good dad is the biggest turn on EVA! Period. You can be Charles Esten fine, and serenade me all night long with a good tune on your six string, but if you're a sorry dad that's as far as it's gonna go. If he's a good dad, your time together is going to be limited. This I have found out. I'm spoiled and needy and a brat, so this is tough for me. But If I want someone to respect the parent I am, I have to do the same. I'd rather have someone who is going to be a good dad over a dead beat any day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment